The Camping Regulations for the Dillon Ranger District
are as follows:
USC 551 36 CFR 261.14 Developed Recreation Sites:
- Occupying any portion of the site for other than
- Building, attending, maintaining or using a fire
outside of a fire ring provided by the Forest Service for such purpose or
outside of a stove grill or fireplace.
- Cleaning or washing any personal property, fish,
animal, or food, or bathing or washing at a hydrant or water faucet not
provided for that purpose.
- Discharging or igniting a firecracker, rocket or other firework, or
- Occupying between 10:00 pm and 6:00 am a place designated for day use
- Failing to remove all camping equipment or personal property when
vacating the area or site.
- Placing, maintaining, or using camping equipment except in a place
specifically designated or provided for such equipment.
- Without permission, failing to have at least one person occupy a
camping area during the first night after camping equipment has been set
- Leaving camping equipment unattended for more than 24 hours without
- Bringing in or possessing an animal, other than a Seeing Eye dog,
unless it is crated, caged or upon a leash not longer than six (6) feet,
or otherwise under physical restrictive control.
- Bringing in or possessing a saddle, pack, or draft animal except as
authorized by posted instructions.
- Operating or parking a motor vehicle or trailer except in places
developed or designated for this purpose.
- Operating a bicycle, motorbike, or motorcycle on a trail unless
designated for this use.
- Operating a motorbike, motorcycle, or other motor vehicle for any
purpose other than entering or leaving the site.
- Distributing any handbill, circular, paper or notice without a special
- Depositing any body waste except into receptacles provided for that